Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Craigs List Is My New Bestfriend

Job hunting has slowly become my life. My current job is coming to an end within the next few weeks and I have inherited the task of finding some temporary work before having to job hunt AGAIN for Colorado. Practice makes perfect I guess.

Has anyone noticed how impossible it feels to connect with any businesses when applying online? All I can do is try to put as much of my personality into my cover letter as I possibly can and hope that mine somehow stands out amongst the hundreds of e-mails these people must get daily (if not hourly!). Welcome to the 21st century.

The worst part of it is that I am applying for mindless jobs. Ones I could do with my eyes closed. Ones that offer mundane and repetitive tasks and won't pay me what I deserve. If anyone knows of any other job sites (besides CraigsList) that have worked for them, please let me know!

I am praying that when it comes time to job hunt in Colorado I can find something meaningful.

For now I am going to just continue sending my resume and keep praying that whatever is God's will, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment