Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Google

I love Google. I have always wanted to work for Google or a company just like them. Not only are they the ultimate search engine (which I use every 10 minutes to either check if I am spelling something right or to randomly research something) but they are known to treat their employees like gold. I find this to be so incredibly important. I have worked on both sides of that spectrum. When working for someone who truly values you (like my current boss does), it makes the job worth it. Especially when you're working in Customer Service like I am and have to talk to people allll day long. And obviously not every person you talk to is going to be genuinely thoughtful and happy to speak with you.

So back to Google. I have been looking for jobs in Boulder so that the closer I get to the Winter/move, the more I can start applying to jobs. I've just been searching through Craigslist when I came upon a job opening in Boulder working for Google doing Marketing and Communications. Can we say, "Dream Job?". Yes, yes we can. It is times like these I know these types of jobs are going to go fast and it's so frustrating that I can't just walk into their office now, tell them how worth it I am and tell them to hold on for a few more months cause I'll be there soon. My life coach, Michelle Ward, is wonderful. She has not only encouraged me to blog, but to also keep these companies I want to work for and that are in Boulder in mind for when jobs open in the future. I can't imagine people wanting to quit Google but whenever they do, I will be ready.

I hope you're ready for me Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment